Sailor found guilty of biting 11-day-old son in hospital
Portsmouth, Va. – Sailor Matthew Strawn, 21, was found guilty today of biting and abusing his 11-day-old son Mattix in February while the infant was in the hospital for respiratory issues.
Strawn was acquitted of a second incident in March when he was accused of breaking his son’s rib.
Strawns wife, Allie Strawn, was also convicted today for contributing to the delinquency of a minor, for the second incident, when she brought her son to see Matthew Strawn in his Navy barracks in March.
Commonwealths Attorney Earle Mobley says he was very disappointed the judge did not convict Matthew Strawn of both malicious wounding charges.
Both will be sentenced in October.
Baby Mattix is now in custody of an aunt and uncle on the mothers side, who live out of state.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth