Virginia dolphin deaths now surpass 150
The total number of dead dolphins washed up on Virginia beaches has now passed 150 after 25 were found washed up over the weekend and three more on Monday.
The total now stands at 164 in the state while many more are washing up in other states along the East Coast.
A marine mammal expert with the Smithsonian Natural History Museum has been sent to Virginia Beach to assist with the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center’s investigation into the dolphin deaths.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place