“Sandy cars” for sale at used car lots
Thousands of vehicles damaged during Hurricane Sandy are up for sale at used car lots.
Carfax, which is a vehicle records company in Centreville, Virginia, estimates that about 212,000 flooded cars are on the road today.
The company says these so called “Sandy cars” may look alright – but their airbags and other safety systems may not work properly.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery