Three ships return to Hampton Roads after helping with Hurricane Sandy clean-up
Three Hampton Roads-based ships are home tonight after helping with Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
The USS Wasp, USS San Antonio, and USS Carter Hall all traveled to New York and New Jersey to help.
While there, the ships also served as a landing platform for the US Coast Guard helicopters on search and rescue missions.
A number of Navy personnel are still helping people affected by the storm.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend