Three ships return to Hampton Roads after helping with Hurricane Sandy clean-up
Three Hampton Roads-based ships are home tonight after helping with Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
The USS Wasp, USS San Antonio, and USS Carter Hall all traveled to New York and New Jersey to help.
While there, the ships also served as a landing platform for the US Coast Guard helicopters on search and rescue missions.
A number of Navy personnel are still helping people affected by the storm.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home