Criminal complaint sheds light on fugitive’s escape from Virginia State Police
The complaint said Robinson was handcuffed, seatbelted and his legs were restrained when he escaped a moving VSP car headed to the Newport News jail.
“How did he get out that state trooper car?” asked the woman whose apartment Robinson hid inside last Friday during the manhunt. The woman exclusively told NewsChannel 3 she had nothing to do with Robinson’s escape, and that she was not home when they found him in her apartment.
“You can’t just make assumptions because he was caught in here,” said the woman, who did not want to be identified. “That don’t mean I knew him! When you’re on the run, you’re looking for the first place you can get to.”
The woman is not facing any charges related to the escape.
Robinson is being held in jail without bond.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom