UPDATE: Fugitive who escaped from police on I-64 captured
UPDATE: Virginia State Police and Newport News Police arrested Phillip Alonzo Robinson, Jr. around 11:45pm Friday night on Bellfield Drive. Mr. Robinson was taken to the Newport News City Jail where he will face several charges.
Newport News, Va. – Several police agencies are searching for a wanted man who escaped from their custody on I-64 in Newport News today.
Phillip Alonzo Robinson, Jr. is a 31-year-old African-American man, 6’2″, 240 pounds. He is considered dangerous and was last seen in the 600 block of Industrial Drive of Newport News shortly after noon wearing a black t-shirt, blue jeans, black socks, no shoes, and handcuffed from behind.
Virginia State Police learned from Newport News police that Robinson was at a Newport News address Friday morning and arrested him after a foot chase.
Robinson was wanted for several felony and misdemeanor violations as well as being wanted for Probation violations. Robinson escaped while he was being transported to jail after the arrest.
Virginia State Police and Newport News Police units, canine and helicopter units are attempting to locate Mr. Robinson.
State Police ask citizens in the Industrial Park Drive area to be on the lookout for Robinson. Any information on his location or whereabouts is asked to contact the Virginia State Police at (757) 424-6800
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found