Reports: FBI now looking into Gov. McDonnell’s relationship with major donor
The FBI is now looking into the relationship between a major campaign donor and the McDonnells after questions were raised about gifts provided to the family according to the Washington Post.
Previous reports say that the donor, Star Scientific chief executive Jonnie R. Williams, paid for food at Gov. McDonnell’s daughter’s wedding and now agents are questioning associates about gifts. They are also looking into alleged actions Gov. McDonnell and his wife have taken that could have given a boost to Williams’ company according to The Washington Post.
McDonnell told the Washington Post that he and his wife have known Williams for five years and he is a personal friend.
Federal agents were already investigating securities transactions involving Star Scientific and the company disclosed this in a regulatory filing last month.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel