Reports: FBI now looking into Gov. McDonnell’s relationship with major donor
The FBI is now looking into the relationship between a major campaign donor and the McDonnells after questions were raised about gifts provided to the family according to the Washington Post.
Previous reports say that the donor, Star Scientific chief executive Jonnie R. Williams, paid for food at Gov. McDonnell’s daughter’s wedding and now agents are questioning associates about gifts. They are also looking into alleged actions Gov. McDonnell and his wife have taken that could have given a boost to Williams’ company according to The Washington Post.
McDonnell told the Washington Post that he and his wife have known Williams for five years and he is a personal friend.
Federal agents were already investigating securities transactions involving Star Scientific and the company disclosed this in a regulatory filing last month.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales