Gov. Bob McDonnell explains donor’s $15,000 wedding gift to daughter
Richmond, Va. - A $15, 000 wedding gift a donor made to Governor Bob McDonnell’s daughter in 2011 is raising questions. Now the governor is explaining why the gift was not publicly disclosed.
According our sister station WTVR, the governor says he did not disclose the gift because the money went to his daughter instead of directly to him.
The website states that Jonnnie Williams, the CEO of Star Scientific in Henrico, is the donor who gave McDonnell’s daughter the gift.
The Washington Post reports that catering receipts show McDonnell put down $8,000 as a deposit for the reception. They also state that his signature and notes were actually on the catering contract that the donor’s gift covered. The Washington Post says the caterers were overpaid and a refund check in the amount of $3, 500 was paid out to Maureen McDonnell and not the daughter.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery