Beach officers take action to save life of driver in fiery crash
Virginia Beach, Va. – One driver is lucky to be alive after three Beach officers took action to save him from a burning vehicle.
Beach police say they noticed a van driving on the Boardwalk near 25th Street on Tuesday night when they tried to stop it.
The van then hit a concrete planter, swiped a slower moving vehicle and made its way onto the Birdneck Rd. Exit where it flipped and burst into flames.
The three officers took action and rescued the man inside of the burning car.
He was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
They say the driver was suffering from a medical condition and won’t be charged.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'