Dunkin’ Donuts testing glazed doughnut egg sandwich
You read the headline right. Dunkin Donuts is testing a new breakfast sandwich that ‘features bacon and a pepper fried egg on a glazed yeast ring doughnut.’
Even more shocking, the sandwich comes in at only 360 calories, just 60 more than the McDonald’s Egg McMuffin, and 10 calories less than the Sausage McMuffin, according to The Atlantic Wire.
So while it sounds bad, it’s not as bad as its competition, which is a testament to the state of fast food breakfast fare today. Which means, you’re no health nut to eat a Glazed Donut Breakfast Sandwich (obviously) but neither are you putting on a stunt eating competition.
The company has been testing the sandwich for the last several days in stores near its corporate office in Eastern Massachusetts. No word yet on when it will be offered nationwide.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam