Police say woman who claimed to have been stabbed in Virginia Beach parking lot made up attack
Virginia Beach, Va. – Police say a woman who reported that she had been stabbed in the parking lot of the Kroger on Providence Road on Friday made the story up.
Police had initially responded the call of a stabbing and possible robbery attempt early Friday afternoon.
59-year-old Laura Radomski of Virginia Beach told them she had been stabbed several times by a man who tried to rob her and then ran away.
After re-interviewing Radomski and possible witnesses, police determined the attack did not happen and charged Radomski with filing a false police report, a misdemeanor.
Radomski was released on a summons.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge