Police say woman who claimed to have been stabbed in Virginia Beach parking lot made up attack
Virginia Beach, Va. – Police say a woman who reported that she had been stabbed in the parking lot of the Kroger on Providence Road on Friday made the story up.
Police had initially responded the call of a stabbing and possible robbery attempt early Friday afternoon.
59-year-old Laura Radomski of Virginia Beach told them she had been stabbed several times by a man who tried to rob her and then ran away.
After re-interviewing Radomski and possible witnesses, police determined the attack did not happen and charged Radomski with filing a false police report, a misdemeanor.
Radomski was released on a summons.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery