Police say woman who claimed to have been stabbed in Virginia Beach parking lot made up attack
Virginia Beach, Va. – Police say a woman who reported that she had been stabbed in the parking lot of the Kroger on Providence Road on Friday made the story up.
Police had initially responded the call of a stabbing and possible robbery attempt early Friday afternoon.
59-year-old Laura Radomski of Virginia Beach told them she had been stabbed several times by a man who tried to rob her and then ran away.
After re-interviewing Radomski and possible witnesses, police determined the attack did not happen and charged Radomski with filing a false police report, a misdemeanor.
Radomski was released on a summons.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations