The Navy recognizes important milestone in fight against pirates
The U.S. Navy has been protecting the world from pirates since 1825! That’s what the Navy tweeted Monday morning.
On this day back in 1825, sailors aboard the USS Grampus captured some pirates off the coast of Puerto Rico.
The ship was commanded by Lieutenant Francis H. Gregory.
Almost 190 years later, the Navy is still fighting pirates.
Just last week, five Somali pirates were found guilty of attacking the USS Ashland in April of 2010.
They all face life in prison when they’re sentenced on July 1st and 2nd.
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Suffolk mom sentenced to month in jail after mooning bus full of kids
- Councilman questions colleague, 'You should be on the side of black folks'
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Brutal cleaver assault on London street is suspected terror attack (GRAPHIC VIDEO)