Crews investigate weekend fire in Melfa
According to Virginia State Police, crews are now investigating after a fire in Melfa over the weekend.
It happened on February 24, 2013 at around 10 p.m. Virginia State police were notified after an abandoned two story structure in Melfa caught fire. The building is located in the 2800 block of Beacon Road.
When crews arrived, the structure was completely engulfed in flames. They say it burned to the ground.
No injuries have been reported in the fire.
- State police investigating another possible arson on the Eastern Shore
- Reward for tips leading to arrest of Eastern Shore arsonist increased to $25,000
- Two weekend fires in Accomack confirmed arson
- Complete list of Eastern Shore arsons
Officials say this fire is still under investigation.
A $25,000 reward is available to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of those person(s) involved in the arson cases on the Eastern Shore.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are released.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel