Crews investigate weekend fire in Melfa
According to Virginia State Police, crews are now investigating after a fire in Melfa over the weekend.
It happened on February 24, 2013 at around 10 p.m. Virginia State police were notified after an abandoned two story structure in Melfa caught fire. The building is located in the 2800 block of Beacon Road.
When crews arrived, the structure was completely engulfed in flames. They say it burned to the ground.
No injuries have been reported in the fire.
- State police investigating another possible arson on the Eastern Shore
- Reward for tips leading to arrest of Eastern Shore arsonist increased to $25,000
- Two weekend fires in Accomack confirmed arson
- Complete list of Eastern Shore arsons
Officials say this fire is still under investigation.
A $25,000 reward is available to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of those person(s) involved in the arson cases on the Eastern Shore.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are released.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time