Three new fires reported on the Eastern Shore, two appear to be arsons
Virginia State Police are investigating three new fires on the Eastern Shore.
Two of the blazes occurred late Monday night and both appear to be arson.
The two arson cases bring the total of arsons on the Eastern Shore since mid-November to 48.
The first arson Monday night occurred in Northampton at 2122 hours at the 19000 block of Quinby Bridge Road in in Accomack County. A two-story abandoned, dwelling suffered fire damage to the rear of the building.
The second suspected arson was called in at 21000 block of Fair Oaks Road in Melfa. In that fire a two story abandoned dwelling burned to the ground.
The third fire was reported early Tuesday morning in the 12000 block of Houston Street, in Exmore. This blaze has not yet been confirmed as arson. A single story, reportedly unoccupied dwelling, had interior fire damage.
There were no injuries in all three fires.
Anyone with information about the arsons is asked to call the Virginia State Police toll-free at 1-800-582-8350 or (757) 424-6820; or call the Accomack County Sheriff’s Office at (757) 787-1131. There is a reward of up to $5,000 for information on the Accomack County fires that leads to an arrest and conviction.Submit Your Photo
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’