Three new fires reported on the Eastern Shore, two appear to be arsons
Virginia State Police are investigating three new fires on the Eastern Shore.
Two of the blazes occurred late Monday night and both appear to be arson.
The two arson cases bring the total of arsons on the Eastern Shore since mid-November to 48.
The first arson Monday night occurred in Northampton at 2122 hours at the 19000 block of Quinby Bridge Road in in Accomack County. A two-story abandoned, dwelling suffered fire damage to the rear of the building.
The second suspected arson was called in at 21000 block of Fair Oaks Road in Melfa. In that fire a two story abandoned dwelling burned to the ground.
The third fire was reported early Tuesday morning in the 12000 block of Houston Street, in Exmore. This blaze has not yet been confirmed as arson. A single story, reportedly unoccupied dwelling, had interior fire damage.
There were no injuries in all three fires.
Anyone with information about the arsons is asked to call the Virginia State Police toll-free at 1-800-582-8350 or (757) 424-6820; or call the Accomack County Sheriff’s Office at (757) 787-1131. There is a reward of up to $5,000 for information on the Accomack County fires that leads to an arrest and conviction.Submit Your Photo
- Family furious over reports of exploitation of Disney disability treatment
- Update: 42 sticks of dynamite found in Beach storage shed
- Two-vehicle collision causes gas station fire in Hampton
- Beach-based SEAL killed in Fort Knox training accident identified
- Pilothouse audio released from USS Porter's collision with supertanker