Teen who earned 30-day sentence for cursing out judge released after apology
Remember this teen?
Penelope Soto made national headlines this week for cursing out a judge and flipping him the bird during a hearing.
In response, the judge raised her bond from $5,000 to $10,000 and issued a 30 day sentence.
But after an apology on Friday the 18-year-old was released from jail.
Gone were the giggles, smirks and a big “adios.”
Soto still has to attend drug addiction counseling after her arrest earlier this week on a Xanax possession charge.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million