Teen gets 30 days in jail after she flips bird to judge and curses him in court
A teen gives a judge the finger and ends up in the slammer.
Apparently 18-year-old Penelope Soto did not agree with what the Miami, Florida judge was saying to her during her bail hearing. Soto was charged with possession of Xanax.
“You on drugs? Drugs, no, I don’t take drugs. Have you had any drugs last 24 hours?,” the judge asked.
“Actually no,” she replied.
Since Soto had no prior arrests, the judge set her bail at $5,000.
“Bye bye adios,” she said leaving the court.
The judge took offense to her parting words, called her back and upped the bail to $10,000.
“Are you serious?” Soto asked before flipping him the bird and offering a few choice words.
“Did you say **bleep** me? Did you say that?” the judge asked.
“Yes, sir I did,” she replied.
The judge then found her in direct criminal contempt and sentenced her to 30 days in county jail.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'