Police: Inconsistencies in story about attempted abduction of Norfolk teen
Police are continuing to investigate the reported attempted abduction of a 13-year-old girl.
But they say they’re finding some inconsistencies with the story.
Police went to ocean air elementary school on Tuesday.
Three students told school staff about an attempted abduction.
Officers learned all three of the students are siblings.
Investigators say their mother told the children about the incident that involved their 13- year-old sister.
She is a student at Northside Middle School.
Police say the crossing guard didn’t know anything about the incident.
Police also say they have not been able to find any witnesses that back up the girl’s story.
When they re-interviewed her, there were still a lot of inconsistencies with her story they say.
- Community helps family who lost father while treating two kids with cancer
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Three from Hampton Roads indicted in 7-Eleven immigration raids
- Woman sentenced to death set to walk free, go shopping with victim's grandson