Police: Inconsistencies in story about attempted abduction of Norfolk teen
Police are continuing to investigate the reported attempted abduction of a 13-year-old girl.
But they say they’re finding some inconsistencies with the story.
Police went to ocean air elementary school on Tuesday.
Three students told school staff about an attempted abduction.
Officers learned all three of the students are siblings.
Investigators say their mother told the children about the incident that involved their 13- year-old sister.
She is a student at Northside Middle School.
Police say the crossing guard didn’t know anything about the incident.
Police also say they have not been able to find any witnesses that back up the girl’s story.
When they re-interviewed her, there were still a lot of inconsistencies with her story they say.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'