Norfolk students report alleged abduction attempt
Norfolk, Va. – According to Norfolk Public Schools, students from Oceanair Elementary and Northside Middle School reported an alleged attempted abduction Tuesday morning as they walked to school.
The students reported being approached by a man in a vehicle.
School officials say the students reported the incident to a crossing guard. The crossing guard escorted the students to school and police were then contacted.
Police say two people tried to abduct the 13-year-old girl.
They say she was walking to Northside Middle School in the 1800 block of Tidewater Drive at around 7:45 a.m.
Police say a man approached the girl in a white work van with tinted windows.
They say a second man approached the girl on foot from the opposite direction and assaulted the victim and tried to grab her arm.
Police describe one of the suspects as a white male with brown hair, in his early 20s and they say he has piercings in his upper and lower lip.
The second suspect was described as a black male who was wearing dark clothing and black and red shoes.
If you have any information, please call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'