Norfolk students report alleged abduction attempt
Norfolk, Va. – According to Norfolk Public Schools, students from Oceanair Elementary and Northside Middle School reported an alleged attempted abduction Tuesday morning as they walked to school.
The students reported being approached by a man in a vehicle.
School officials say the students reported the incident to a crossing guard. The crossing guard escorted the students to school and police were then contacted.
Police say two people tried to abduct the 13-year-old girl.
They say she was walking to Northside Middle School in the 1800 block of Tidewater Drive at around 7:45 a.m.
Police say a man approached the girl in a white work van with tinted windows.
They say a second man approached the girl on foot from the opposite direction and assaulted the victim and tried to grab her arm.
Police describe one of the suspects as a white male with brown hair, in his early 20s and they say he has piercings in his upper and lower lip.
The second suspect was described as a black male who was wearing dark clothing and black and red shoes.
If you have any information, please call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk