10-year-old girl says man tried to abduct her near Oceanair Elementary School
Norfolk, Va. – Norfolk police will have extra officers around Oceanair Elementary School this afternoon after a 10-year-old girl reported a man tried to abduct her Wednesday afternoon while she was walking home from the school.
Police say the girl was walking home in the 700 block of Dudley Avenue when the man drove up in a black work van, got out and grabbed her by the arm.
The girl managed to break free from his grasp and ran away.
The suspect is described as a white male with brown hair in his early twenties wearing a black coat, black shirt, black pants and black boots. He has a bull ring type of piercing in his nasal septum as well as a slight mustache.
Anyone that may have information on this incident is asked to call the Norfolk Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP. [1-888-562-5887]
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified