Reports: Former Marine accused of killing Navy SEAL in Texas allegedly stole victim’s truck
Police say the accused killer of a former Navy SEAL at a Texas gun range, former Marine Eddie Ray Routh, reportedly told his sister that he “traded his soul for a truck.”
Police say that after Routh killed former SEAL Chris Kyle and his friend at a gun range on Saturday, he stole Kyle’s truck, drove it to his sister’s house and confessed to the killing.
Right now he’s on suicide watch.
Police say they had to restrain him after he became aggressive with the guards.
Police think Routh may have been struggling with PTSD and that Kyle may have been trying to help him at the gun range.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- UPDATE: "Katherine" the Great White Shark spotted in the surf off Kitty Hawk
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly