Police continue to investigate death of missing Hampton woman
We are still waiting to learn what killed a women whose body was found in Hampton on Monday, weeks after she went missing.
NewsChannel 3 did uncover court documents that show she may have been the victim of violence just recently.
It’s a waiting game for family and friends of Candice Patrice Banks. An autopsy is being done to figure out how the Newport News mother died.
Hampton police found her body in the woods off Dogwood Street yesterday morning just blocks from where she was last seen. Officers were led to the site by cadaver dogs.
Banks was reported missing to police on January 25, but was last seen by her family on January 12.
According to Hampton Juvenile Domestic Relations Court documents, just 12 days before Banks was last seen, she told police she was robbed.
Court documents say that Banks told investigators that the robber was her ex-boyfriend.
She says he took her purse that held her laptop, money and a birth certificate
She also said that he threw her to the ground.
The woman’s ex-boyfriend was arrested for the robbery on January 14.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car