Body found in Sandbridge identified as missing Diane Hartzog
Virginia Beach, Va. – Virginia Beach police have confirmed that the woman’s body found in Sandbridge on Sunday is that of Diane Hartzog.
The 59-year-old Hartzog was reported missing by her family on Christmas Eve and was last seen walking in the 3500 block of Sandfiddler Road near the home they were renting.
Police said they scoured the area for a day using a helicopter, K-9 units, and ATVs. Her family and volunteers looked even longer, spreading posters. But over the weekend, just a few houses from where she was last seen, a neighbor spotted her body in bushes.
No one can explain how such an expansive police search came up empty when later she was just down the street from the rental house. But police do not think it’s a crime.
Diane Hartzog was from Wilmington. She has a daughter and two sons, including one stationed in Norfolk – that’s why the family was here for Christmas in Sandbridge.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down