Body found in Sandbridge identified as missing Diane Hartzog
Virginia Beach, Va. – Virginia Beach police have confirmed that the woman’s body found in Sandbridge on Sunday is that of Diane Hartzog.
The 59-year-old Hartzog was reported missing by her family on Christmas Eve and was last seen walking in the 3500 block of Sandfiddler Road near the home they were renting.
Police said they scoured the area for a day using a helicopter, K-9 units, and ATVs. Her family and volunteers looked even longer, spreading posters. But over the weekend, just a few houses from where she was last seen, a neighbor spotted her body in bushes.
No one can explain how such an expansive police search came up empty when later she was just down the street from the rental house. But police do not think it’s a crime.
Diane Hartzog was from Wilmington. She has a daughter and two sons, including one stationed in Norfolk – that’s why the family was here for Christmas in Sandbridge.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Receipt profanity angers dad who took young son to sports bar
- Viral video: What’s behind the door?