Update: Beach police continue search for missing woman
Virginia Beach, Va. – Beach police are still searching for a woman who disappeared on Christmas Eve.
Police officials say the department has ordered the current police academy recruits to search the Sandbridge area today.
There are 20 recruits searching north from Seascape, Sandfiddler, and Sandpiper Road. Police are continuing to check residences – including pools, hot tubs, and outside shower areas.
Last week, officials searched vacant rental homes. In the days since Diane Hartzog disappeared, Beach police have searched for her using a helicopter, k-9 units, and ATVs.
Her family says she went for a walk on Christmas Eve afternoon and never came back to the rental home where they were staying.
Hartzog has three children. She takes several different medications for severe depression.
She is 5’7, has brown hair, and was last seen wearing a red jacket and jeans.
If you have any information, please call Virginia Beach police.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video