Update: Beach police continue search for missing woman
Virginia Beach, Va. – Beach police are still searching for a woman who disappeared on Christmas Eve.
Police officials say the department has ordered the current police academy recruits to search the Sandbridge area today.
There are 20 recruits searching north from Seascape, Sandfiddler, and Sandpiper Road. Police are continuing to check residences – including pools, hot tubs, and outside shower areas.
Last week, officials searched vacant rental homes. In the days since Diane Hartzog disappeared, Beach police have searched for her using a helicopter, k-9 units, and ATVs.
Her family says she went for a walk on Christmas Eve afternoon and never came back to the rental home where they were staying.
Hartzog has three children. She takes several different medications for severe depression.
She is 5’7, has brown hair, and was last seen wearing a red jacket and jeans.
If you have any information, please call Virginia Beach police.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’