Investigators: Suspect hit baby in the face, chest and head while wearing a ring
Twenty-one year old Daniel Lunsford, a sailor assigned to the USS Abraham Lincoln, is charged in a little boy`s murder.
Investigators say he was wearing a ring at the time he hit his girlfriend`s baby in the face, chest and head, causing eye damage, brain bleeding and swelling.
They hope to tie the ring to some of the baby’s injuries.
The baby`s mother, 20-year-old Brittany Whalen, has also been charged with child abuse and neglect.
Investigators say the two exchanged calls, texts and pictures detailing the baby`s injuries before their arrest.
Both are in the Hampton Roads regional jail on suicide watch.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam