6-month-old Hampton child dies after alleged abuse
Hampton, Va – Two people are behind bars after being accused of abusing a 6-month-old child in Hampton.
Police say on January 1st, they received a complaint about a juvenile suffering from a medical condition. The baby was then transported to the hospital.
After an investigation, police say the baby received injuries as a result of an assault. On Jan 5th, 6-month-old Brayden Joseph Whalen was pronounced dead at a local hospital.
Daniel Lunsford and Brittany Whalen have been charged with one count of felony child abuse and one count of fail to secure medical attention. They were arrested on January 1st.
On Monday, Lunsford was also charged with one count of homicide.
Both remain in custody at the Hampton Roads Regional Jail.
Previous: Hampton couple accused of child abuse
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place