Hampton couple accused of child abuse
(L-R) Daniel Lunsford and Brittany Whalen
Daniel Lunsford, a 21-year-old Hampton man and Brittany Whalen, a 20-year-old Hampton woman, were arrested in connection with a child abuse investigation. Both are currently in custody at the Hampton City Jail.
Police say an investigation revealed that on Dec.29th, a 6-month-old Hampton juvenile, was assaulted. The baby was transported to a hospital for treatment and is in critical condition.
Lunsford was charged with one count of Felony Child Abuse and Whalen was arrested and charged with one count of Felony Child Abuse and one count of Fail to Secure Medical Attention.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified