Hampton couple accused of child abuse
(L-R) Daniel Lunsford and Brittany Whalen
Daniel Lunsford, a 21-year-old Hampton man and Brittany Whalen, a 20-year-old Hampton woman, were arrested in connection with a child abuse investigation. Both are currently in custody at the Hampton City Jail.
Police say an investigation revealed that on Dec.29th, a 6-month-old Hampton juvenile, was assaulted. The baby was transported to a hospital for treatment and is in critical condition.
Lunsford was charged with one count of Felony Child Abuse and Whalen was arrested and charged with one count of Felony Child Abuse and one count of Fail to Secure Medical Attention.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place