Man accused of killing father, stepmother to get psychological evaluation
A judge has granted a defense motion requesting Joseph Joyner, Jr. have a psychological evaluation.
Sandy Joyner’s body was found first inside the couple’s home. Police say she was hit in the head.
Joseph Joyner, Sr.’s body was found in the woods, and police say he’d been shot in the head.
The judge will review the results of the mental evaluation in February.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- At least 24 killed in mammoth tornado; more bodies expected
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder