Man accused of killing father, stepmother to get psychological evaluation
A judge has granted a defense motion requesting Joseph Joyner, Jr. have a psychological evaluation.
Sandy Joyner’s body was found first inside the couple’s home. Police say she was hit in the head.
Joseph Joyner, Sr.’s body was found in the woods, and police say he’d been shot in the head.
The judge will review the results of the mental evaluation in February.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'