Cameron Crockett sentenced to 8 years in prison
Cameron Paul Crockett of Virginia Beach will spend 8 years in prison. He was convicted earlier this year of involuntary manslaughter.
Back in 2008, Crockett was driving drunk, slammed into a tree killing his friend Jack Korte.
He was supposed to return to Circuit Court on Monday, March 5th to begin the sentencing phase of his trial, but he fled to Guatemala. He was indicted for failure to appear that day.
He was caught in Belize and brought back to Virginia Beach for sentencing.
The judge added 3 years in prison for that offense.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million