Charges against Beach councilman accused of assault now withdrawn
Charges against John Uhrin, a Beach councilman, were withdrawn after he was arrested for domestic assault.
The prosecutor said there wasn’t enough evidence.
Uhrin was arrested back in October after a neighbor called police saying the councilman hit his wife several times in their driveway.
After the arrest, Uhrin spoke to city council denying the allegations.
The prosecutor in the case says the evidence shows there was an argument, but not assault.
Now the charges were only nolle prossed, which means they could be filed again within the next year.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend