Charges against Beach councilman accused of assault now withdrawn
Charges against John Uhrin, a Beach councilman, were withdrawn after he was arrested for domestic assault.
The prosecutor said there wasn’t enough evidence.
Uhrin was arrested back in October after a neighbor called police saying the councilman hit his wife several times in their driveway.
After the arrest, Uhrin spoke to city council denying the allegations.
The prosecutor in the case says the evidence shows there was an argument, but not assault.
Now the charges were only nolle prossed, which means they could be filed again within the next year.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call