Virginia Beach councilman arrested for domestic assault
On October 6, 2012, at 11:15 p.m., Beach police responded to the 200 block of Indian Avenue for a report of a domestic assault.
Police say the victim had left her residence and was spotted by police driving down Terrace Avenue. The victim reported there was a verbal altercation between her and her husband, John Uhrin. Uhrin was also at the scene, and spoke with the police.
Police investigated, and tell NewsChannel 3 an assault took place and Uhrin was taken into custody.
The victim did not require medical attention at the scene, according to officials.
John Edward Uhrin, age 44, of the 200 block of Indian Avenue in Virginia Beach, was charged with Domestic Assault and was released on bond.
This case remains under investigation.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million