Virginia Beach councilman arrested for domestic assault
On October 6, 2012, at 11:15 p.m., Beach police responded to the 200 block of Indian Avenue for a report of a domestic assault.
Police say the victim had left her residence and was spotted by police driving down Terrace Avenue. The victim reported there was a verbal altercation between her and her husband, John Uhrin. Uhrin was also at the scene, and spoke with the police.
Police investigated, and tell NewsChannel 3 an assault took place and Uhrin was taken into custody.
The victim did not require medical attention at the scene, according to officials.
John Edward Uhrin, age 44, of the 200 block of Indian Avenue in Virginia Beach, was charged with Domestic Assault and was released on bond.
This case remains under investigation.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam