USS Wasp Sailors punished for using Spice
According to Spokesman Lt. Cmdr. Bill Urban, a total of 13 sailors are being punished for drug use.
Officials say 11 sailors aboard the are going to receive non-judicial punishment for using the synthetic substance better known as Spice.
Two additional sailors face violation of Article 92 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice for the use/purchase/and or distribution of a synthetic hallucinogenic compound, known as 2C-I.
The sailors rank from E1 to E5, and have been or are in the process of being separated from the Navy. According to Spokesman Lt. Cmdr. Bill Urban, “Drug use undercuts unit readiness and morals and is inconsistent with Navy core values”.
The Navy has a zero tolerance policy on drugs. The Navy says additional sailors remain under investigation. The investigation began in October before the sailors departed for the Hurricane Sandy Relief Effort.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between two cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51, including 7 elementary school students