USS Wasp Sailors punished for using Spice
According to Spokesman Lt. Cmdr. Bill Urban, a total of 13 sailors are being punished for drug use.
Officials say 11 sailors aboard the are going to receive non-judicial punishment for using the synthetic substance better known as Spice.
Two additional sailors face violation of Article 92 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice for the use/purchase/and or distribution of a synthetic hallucinogenic compound, known as 2C-I.
The sailors rank from E1 to E5, and have been or are in the process of being separated from the Navy. According to Spokesman Lt. Cmdr. Bill Urban, “Drug use undercuts unit readiness and morals and is inconsistent with Navy core values”.
The Navy has a zero tolerance policy on drugs. The Navy says additional sailors remain under investigation. The investigation began in October before the sailors departed for the Hurricane Sandy Relief Effort.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen