Navy sets Tropical Cyclone Condition Three ahead of Sandy
Norfolk, Va. – The Navy has ordered all installations in the Hampton Roads area, as well as Naval Weapons Station Earle (NJ) and Naval Support Activity Mechanicsburg (PA) to set Tropical Cyclone Condition Three.
Tropical Cyclone Condition Three means destructive winds of greater than 50 knots associated with a tropical system are expected within 48 hours.
Preparations include securing all hazards throughout the installations, removing debris from drainage areas, and sandbagging low lying areas that are prone to flooding.
Navy personnel and their families are encouraged to review their hurricane checklists and evacuation plans to prepare for the storm.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested