Navy sets Tropical Cyclone Condition Three ahead of Sandy
Norfolk, Va. – The Navy has ordered all installations in the Hampton Roads area, as well as Naval Weapons Station Earle (NJ) and Naval Support Activity Mechanicsburg (PA) to set Tropical Cyclone Condition Three.
Tropical Cyclone Condition Three means destructive winds of greater than 50 knots associated with a tropical system are expected within 48 hours.
Preparations include securing all hazards throughout the installations, removing debris from drainage areas, and sandbagging low lying areas that are prone to flooding.
Navy personnel and their families are encouraged to review their hurricane checklists and evacuation plans to prepare for the storm.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship