5PM Update: Sandy a very large storm that will be felt for days
Sandy is still a very large storm moving slowly north at 7mph, and that means we will be feeling her impact for several days. Rain will start Saturday and tidal flooding will begin in earnest with Sunday morning’s high tide. We’re expecting wind gusts of 60mph, and rain totals of 6-10 inches. Sandy has sustained winds of 75 mph with gusts up to 92 mph.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!