5PM Update: Sandy a very large storm that will be felt for days
Sandy is still a very large storm moving slowly north at 7mph, and that means we will be feeling her impact for several days. Rain will start Saturday and tidal flooding will begin in earnest with Sunday morning’s high tide. We’re expecting wind gusts of 60mph, and rain totals of 6-10 inches. Sandy has sustained winds of 75 mph with gusts up to 92 mph.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’