11AM Update: Sandy slows some more; Governor declares state of emergency
11AM Update: Sandy has slowed even more and started to turn North. She is now moving at 5mph. Winds remain at 80 mph with gusts up to 98. The forecast track remains the same.
Governor McDonnell has declared a state of emergency in preparation for Sandy. No evacuations have been ordered at this time. The Governor’s office says a decision on whether to reverse lanes on Interstate 64 to help in any evacuation of Hampton Roads will be made this evening.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- UPDATE: "Katherine" the Great White Shark spotted in the surf off Kitty Hawk
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly