11AM Update: Sandy slows some more; Governor declares state of emergency
11AM Update: Sandy has slowed even more and started to turn North. She is now moving at 5mph. Winds remain at 80 mph with gusts up to 98. The forecast track remains the same.
Governor McDonnell has declared a state of emergency in preparation for Sandy. No evacuations have been ordered at this time. The Governor’s office says a decision on whether to reverse lanes on Interstate 64 to help in any evacuation of Hampton Roads will be made this evening.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time