11AM Update: Sandy slows some more; Governor declares state of emergency
11AM Update: Sandy has slowed even more and started to turn North. She is now moving at 5mph. Winds remain at 80 mph with gusts up to 98. The forecast track remains the same.
Governor McDonnell has declared a state of emergency in preparation for Sandy. No evacuations have been ordered at this time. The Governor’s office says a decision on whether to reverse lanes on Interstate 64 to help in any evacuation of Hampton Roads will be made this evening.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods