Bail bondsman involved in Chesapeake shooting identified
We now know the name of the bail bondsman who shot a man on Stalham Road in Chesapeake Wednesday.
Edmund F. Langevin, III is a licensed bail bondsman according to records from the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services.
Those same records show the Langevin has handgun and shotgun endorsements.
When NewsChannel 3 reached Langevin by phone Thursday, he initially refused to comment, saying the experience was “very traumatic.”
However, Langevin did say that the man he shot was not armed but that the man had tried to reach for Langevin’s gun several times during a struggle.
See our previous coverage of the shooting here.
Chesapeake police confirm the man who was shot was not armed and that charges may be pending depending on the results of the criminal investigation.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen