Police: Bail Bondsman shoots man while serving warrant in Chesapeake
According to Chesapeake police, there was a shooting in the 600 block of Stalham Road in Chesapeake on Wednesday. They say a bail bondsman was serving a warrant. There was an altercation and one person was shot.
Police say the victim has non-life threatening injuries.
A neighbor who saw the incident says around 11:30 this morning, a bondsman who was backed up by several police officers, came to serve the warrant.
The neighbor told the bondsman the man he was looking for wasn’t home.
Around 2 p.m., the man came back along with two others.
The witness says the three men quickly went in and out of the house, and as they were getting back into the car to head out, the bail bondsman arrived.
The three men started running as the bail bondsman chased after them. As the three tried to hop a fence, the bail bondsman shot the man, according to the witness.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time