Thousands gather at Obama rally in Virginia Beach
President Obama was met with enthusiasm as he made his third stop in Hampton Roads this campaign season in Virginia Beach on Thursday.
Folks listened closely to make sure the President addressed their concerns as he made his pitch for re-election.
“The jobs issue is important, but I also believe there are a lot of other issues that are important besides jobs, you know the environment is very important to me,” said one attendee.
For retired Navy Nurse Anne Rawley, the day was pretty special.
She got a backstage meeting with the President.
“I didn`t think I was going to get to sleep last night and then I was afraid I wouldn`t wake up in time this morning,” said Rawley.
As the President finished and the crowd began to thin, they left with a determination to keep him in the White House for another term.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million