Plane intercepted by F-16 fighters after violating airspace during Obama’s visit
NORAD fighters intercepted a general aviation aircraft that violated the temporary flight restricted area over Tidewater today.
Officials say the F-16 fighters intercepted a PA 28 Piper at around 12:45 p.m. after it entered the temporary flight restricted area and was out of radio communication.
After the intercept, the aircraft was allowed to continue its flight.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen