Plane intercepted by F-16 fighters after violating airspace during Obama’s visit
NORAD fighters intercepted a general aviation aircraft that violated the temporary flight restricted area over Tidewater today.
Officials say the F-16 fighters intercepted a PA 28 Piper at around 12:45 p.m. after it entered the temporary flight restricted area and was out of radio communication.
After the intercept, the aircraft was allowed to continue its flight.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship