Woman who crashed into state trooper had recent series of drug arrests on record
Police say Billinda Colonna slammed into Sgt. Vernon Smith earlier this morning.
Smith was guarding the Gilmerton Bridge construction project.
Investigators say Colonna was driving drunk. They say she had a blood alcohol level of .08. Her blood was taken, and they’re waiting to see if there was anything else in her system.
But Colonna has gotten in trouble with the law before; her most recent arrest involves drugs.
NewsChannel 3 told you about her arrest last May when Colonna, her brother, and their friend were arrested in an undercover drug bust in Chesapeake. Police say they had their eye on them for a while.
Court documents show investigators removed bags of household items from Colonna’s home.
According to paperwork, some of the equipment tested positive for meth.
Colonna was charged with possession of meth, and she was let out of jail on a $5,000 secured bond, which her mom paid for.
Her trial was scheduled to begin in October, but now she’s back in jail facing a DUI charge.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen