Woman who crashed into state trooper had recent series of drug arrests on record
Police say Billinda Colonna slammed into Sgt. Vernon Smith earlier this morning.
Smith was guarding the Gilmerton Bridge construction project.
Investigators say Colonna was driving drunk. They say she had a blood alcohol level of .08. Her blood was taken, and they’re waiting to see if there was anything else in her system.
But Colonna has gotten in trouble with the law before; her most recent arrest involves drugs.
NewsChannel 3 told you about her arrest last May when Colonna, her brother, and their friend were arrested in an undercover drug bust in Chesapeake. Police say they had their eye on them for a while.
Court documents show investigators removed bags of household items from Colonna’s home.
According to paperwork, some of the equipment tested positive for meth.
Colonna was charged with possession of meth, and she was let out of jail on a $5,000 secured bond, which her mom paid for.
Her trial was scheduled to begin in October, but now she’s back in jail facing a DUI charge.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's