Man arrested for allegedly gunning down Army veteran in Hampton
Hampton, Va. – Hampton police have arrested a man in a fatal weekend shooting.
34-year-old James Jackson Jr. is charged with shooting Jaime Combs outside the Bethel Ave. home Combs shared with his mother.
Police say Combs encountered Jackson while taking a walk around 11:00 p.m. Sunday. They got into a argument and Jackson opened fire, according to police.
Jackson is charged with Murder, one count of Use of a Firearm in the Commission of a Felony and one count of Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon. He was also served on outstanding warrants for one count of Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon and Probation Violation.
Authorities say it’s not clear whether the two men knew each other.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million