50th Annual ECSC this week in Virginia Beach
At the Virginia Beach Oceanfront – surfers spent the morning hitting the water and shredding waves in this week’s 50th Annual East Coast Surfing Championship.
This week, hundreds of surfers are tackling the waves for the big purse – including pros and junior pros.
The waves weren’t huge today, but that didn’t stop our NewsChannel 3 Audio Guru, Barry Davis, from competing in the Legends Longboard Class.
Barry earned second place, and he will advance to the semi-finals, competing Tuesday.
The competition will continue through Sunday. It gives a chance for east coasters to have a shot at major tour events.
Yeahhh Barry!!! wtkr.com/2012/08/21/50t…—
Holly Lynne Henry (@mediaholly) August 21, 2012
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen