50th Annual ECSC this week in Virginia Beach
At the Virginia Beach Oceanfront – surfers spent the morning hitting the water and shredding waves in this week’s 50th Annual East Coast Surfing Championship.
This week, hundreds of surfers are tackling the waves for the big purse – including pros and junior pros.
The waves weren’t huge today, but that didn’t stop our NewsChannel 3 Audio Guru, Barry Davis, from competing in the Legends Longboard Class.
Barry earned second place, and he will advance to the semi-finals, competing Tuesday.
The competition will continue through Sunday. It gives a chance for east coasters to have a shot at major tour events.
Yeahhh Barry!!! wtkr.com/2012/08/21/50t…—
Holly Lynne Henry (@mediaholly) August 21, 2012
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!