50th Annual ECSC this week in Virginia Beach
At the Virginia Beach Oceanfront – surfers spent the morning hitting the water and shredding waves in this week’s 50th Annual East Coast Surfing Championship.
This week, hundreds of surfers are tackling the waves for the big purse – including pros and junior pros.
The waves weren’t huge today, but that didn’t stop our NewsChannel 3 Audio Guru, Barry Davis, from competing in the Legends Longboard Class.
Barry earned second place, and he will advance to the semi-finals, competing Tuesday.
The competition will continue through Sunday. It gives a chance for east coasters to have a shot at major tour events.
Yeahhh Barry!!! wtkr.com/2012/08/21/50t…—
Holly Lynne Henry (@mediaholly) August 21, 2012
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Receipt profanity angers dad who took young son to sports bar
- Viral video: What’s behind the door?