Newport News man arrested for murder
Newport News police say they have arrested a man for homicide.
Police have arrested and charged 20-year-old Joseph Thomas.
Thomas was arrested around 1:30 a.m. Thursday morning at his home in Newport News. Police believe Thomas shot and killed a 26-year-old, Brandon Johnson, in May of 2012.
Back then – police say they found Johnson lying on the sidewalk on Chestnut Avenue – near 22nd Street.
He died at the scene.
Police also say another man was shot – but he survived. Thomas is also being charged for wounding that man.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean