Cause of death determined for Ohio mom
Investigators say Lynn Jackenheimer, the missing Ohio mom, was strangled and stabbed by her ex-boyfriend Nate Summerfield.
They say he wrapped her body in a plastic bag and dumped it by the side of a road in Frisco. Summerfield is still missing.
Dare County Sheriff Doug Doughtie says,”When this plays out and when we know what’s going on and if we find him, there are things only he can answer.”
Lynn was last seen alive at a Salvo home. She was staying there during a vacation with Summerfield and her children.
Her family says it was an attempt to work things out, and what led to her murder is still unknown. Right now, the only information investigators have to go on is the confession Summerfield made to his brother.
For days, crews in North Carolina searched for Lynn. Her family came to help. They drove from Ohio. Investigators say they focused their search in Salvo based on information they received.
Now the search continues for Summerfield who is wanted for first-degree murder.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Receipt profanity angers dad who took young son to sports bar
- Viral video: What’s behind the door?