CHESAPEAKE, Va. – Firefighters responded to a townhouse fire in the Greenbrier area of Chesapeake.
According to Chesapeake officials, firefighters were called to the fire in the 1200 block of Basswood Court around 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Upon entering the home, firefighters found a chimney fire which had extended to the second-floor living space and attic. The fire is believed to have originally started in the chimney.
The fire was brought under control by firefighters around 5:30 p.m.
One person was displaced by the fire and made arrangements to stay with someone.