Halloween is upon us once again! Here’s a list of Halloween events happening in Hampton Roads and Northeastern North Carolina.
- Masquerade in Ghent – Ghent’s largest Halloween street party and costume contest will take place on Friday, October 27 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Colley Avenue between Shirley Avenue and Brandon Avenue. There will be a costume contest parade starting at 6:30 p.m. with cash prizes! Register for free online at ghentnorfolk.org by Wednesday, October 25. There will be a $25 registration fee for entries submitted after October 25.
- Zoo Boo 2017 – On October 21 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Zoo Boo offers families a safe environment at the Virginia Zoo to trick-or-treat and enjoy fall fun. There will be animal pumpkin encounters, crafts, bounces houses and more. Admission for members is $6, non-members $15, and children under two will get in for free.
- Halloween Costume Bash – Each year the Chrysler Museum of Art’s gallery hosts turn into living works of art. There will be a gallery host scavenger hunt activity, Halloween crafts and trick-or-treat at the museum. The event will take place on October 31 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Wicked Waterside – On October 28 from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m., enjoy five Wicked parties under one roof at Waterside District, and Hampton Roads Biggest Costume Party featuring $10,000 in cash & prizes. Mention your friends below, and start planning the best costume.
- Nauticus – Nauticus will transform from museum to “boo-seum” with Haunticus at Nauticus, a family-friendly Halloween event, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, October 28. In addition, Sail Nauticus will offer a Fall Oyster Roast under the Nauticus Pavilion from 3 – 6 p.m. Children in costume will be admitted FREE to both events. While children up to age 12 in costume get in free, the cost is $15.95 for adults, $11.50 for children 4-12, and free for kids ages three and under.
- 23rd Annual Spooky Acres Haunted House – Celebrate 23 years of haunting with Spooky Acres Haunted House in Military Crossing Shopping Center (5957 E. Virginia Beach Blvd.). The proceeds benefit the March of Dimes. The haunt is 100 % wheelchair accessible. They even offer a babysitter for little ones who are too small or scared! The event will happen from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Oct. 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30&31 Tickets are $15.00 per person at the door or online at www.spookyacres.com.
- Children’s Halloween Party – Hunt Club Farm is hosting their annual Children’s Party on Sunday, October 15. There are two party times: 10 a.m. to noon with a costume contest at 11 a.m. or 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. with a costume contest at 2 p.m. Admission to the party is $15 per child and $9 for adults. Pre-paid reservations are required. Click here to reserve your spot!
- Night of the Living Museum – On October 20 and 21, the Virginia Living Museum is offering a wild night of spooky animals, trail walks pumpkin carving and more. The event will last from 5:30 p.m. to 8: 30 p.m. The cost is $10 per person for members and $15 per person for non-members. Children ages 2 and under are free.
- Olde Town Zombie Pub Crawl – The Portsmouth Humane Society is bringing back the Olde Towne Pub Crawl with a zombie twist on October 14. The festivities will start at 4 p.m. at Baron’s Pub and run until 9 p.m. with a best costume contest at Roger Brown’s. Registration is $25 in advance and $35 the day of event. Click here to register.
- 21st Annual Historic Ghost Walk – The Elizabeth City Historic Neighborhood Association (ECHNA) will present its 21st Annual Historic Ghost Walk on October 13 and 14. Enjoy combination home tour, history lesson and live theater as we present “Colonial Days in the Albemarle”. Tours are from 5:30 – 9:30 p.m. both nights, starting at Ghost Walk Headquarters – Arts of the Albemarle – The Center, 516 East Main Street. More details here.
- 4th Annual Halloween Parade – Kelly’s in Nags Head, Sunday, October 29 with a pre-parade kickoff party at 2 p.m. The walking parade starts at 3 p.m. Click here for full details.
Have an event we didn’t mention? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with event information.