NORFOLK, Va. - Since 1954 firefighters have been 'filling the boot' to raise money for Muscular Dystrophy Association.
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, Norfolk Fire and Rescue will be out collecting money to support MDA between 7 a.m. and Noon each day.
The donations help kids and adults with muscular dystrophy and related life-threatening diseases live longer and grow stronger.
If you'd like to donate, you can text BOOT39 to 71777 or you can donate in person at the following intersections:
- St. Paul's Blvd and Brambleton Ave
- 43rd Street and Hampton Blvd
- Newtown Road and VA Beach Blvd
- E. Little Creek Road and Chesapeake Blvd
- Princess Anne Road and Ingleside Road
- Little Creek Road and Granby Street