Holiday Helpers: Join us in making the holidays bright for local kids!

Family of four displaced following Suffolk house fire

(Photo: Suffolk Fire)

(Photo: Suffolk Fire)

SUFFOLK, Va. – A family of four has been displaced after a fire damaged their home in the 5100 block of Carolina Road.

The call came in Wednesday at 10:40 a.m.

When crews arrived, they saw heavy smoke and flames coming from the rear porch of the home. The fire was called under control just before 11:30 a.m.

The family was able to get out of the home safely before units arrived. There were no reported injuries.

Two children and two adults were displaced due to the fire and are being assisted by the American Red Cross.

Fire officials say the fire was caused by a malfunctioning clothes dryer.

If you are interested in donating to the family, click here.