Click here for details on how to purchase a $100 raffle ticket for the 2017 St. Jude Dream Home

Family displaced by early morning house fire in Virginia Beach


VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – A Virginia Beach home was damaged by a fire early Monday.

Virginia Beach Fire Department units were dispatched to the home in the 1100 block of N. Inlynnview Road at 5:05 a.m.

Crews were able to get the fire under control within 20 minutes.

The residents — four people and two animals, were all able to escape safely from the home before firefighters arrived.

The fire caused significant damage to the room over the garage and smoke damage throughout the rest of the house.

After talking with the residents and inspecting the damage, firefighters believe the fire started by fireplace ashes that were discarded in a plastic trashcan located right outside the rear of the house.

The family will be displaced as a result of the damage.