News 3 is sharing 'life hacks' - ways to use everyday items for new purposes or simple ideas to make your life easier.
Take a look at some of these ideas for traveling and staying organized:
- Storing bobby pins - To keep your bobby pins organized, put them in an empty Tic Tac container.
- Packing shoes - When you pack your shoes in your suitcase, put them in a shower cap so that they don't get your clothes dirty.
- Organize jewelry for traveling - To keep your jewelry organized in your suitcase or carry-on, store small pieces of jewelry in a pill organizer.
- Organize jewelry at home - If you don't have a jewelry box, keep your jewelry from getting all jumbled up together in one drawer by storing small pieces in ice cube trays.
- Organize ribbons - Keep your ribbon organized by putting it on a paper towel holder or by storing it on a pants hanger.
- Organize tissue paper - Similar to the idea for ribbons, you can use a pants hanger to store tissue paper.
- Keep cords organized - To keep your cords from getting tangled up in your suitcase, store them in a glasses case.
- Storing boots - To keep your boots organized in your closet and prevent creases, cut up a pool noodle and put it inside your boots so they stand up straight.
- Storing purses - If you have a lot of purses, hang them up in your closet using shower hooks.
- Traveling with a razor - So that you don't accidentally cut yourself when you're reaching into your travel bag, put a binder clip around the blade of your razor.
- Traveling with a curling iron or straightener - If you need to pack your curling iron or straightener but it's still hot, use a pot holder to make a protective cover for it.
- Packing collared shirts - To keep your collars crisp in your suitcase, put a rolled up belt inside the collar.
- Eating cupcakes - To get the right cupcake-to-frosting ratio, pull off the bottom of the cupcake and put it on top of the frosting to make a cupcake sandwich. (Blaine tried out this one. See below...)
Click through the photo gallery to see pictures of all of these 'life hacks.'