Walter Bernacki (I), running for Windsor City Council
1. Why are you running for office?
I am running for office because I feel the current members of the board up for re-election are not responsive to the wishes of the community they are sworn to represent.
2. Why should people vote for you?
People should vote for me because I want to be a true voice for them and their concerns and vision for our town.
3. What’s your favorite thing about the area you want to represent?
My favorite thing about Windsor is the small farm town atmosphere. Most people know and converse with their neighbors and like
The community like it is.
4. What is the biggest problem your area is facing, how will you fix it?
The biggest problems after door knocking and speaking to town residents, is that there is too much local government zoning regulation and the proposed 460 expansion project. The zoning board did what they thought was in the best interest of the town in their zoning ordinances revision but once the residents learned of the new ordinances, they expressed concern they may need to be revisited to ensure we maintain the small farm town community atmosphere. As far as the proposed 460 expansion, a majority of the residents I spoke with felt an additional road was not necessary and they would rather see the existing one up graded. On either issue, if I am elected, I am there to represent the majority of the town’s people concern on either issue.
5. Describe Donald Trump in max 3 words
6. Describe Hillary Clinton in max 3 words?
Lying career politician
7. What do you do for a living? Why do you do it?
I am a Fire Lieutenant with a local city fire department. I like my job because I get to help people and it gives me a sense of great satisfaction in doing so.
8. You’re going to be marooned on a tropical island for a week, you can only bring 1 thing – what is it?
I would have a Bible
9. What do you think of Colin Kaepernick?
I think he disgraced America and the people who died for our freedom. There are other ways he could have made a statement without doing that. Vets suffered and died for this country, people should respect that.
10. Would you vote to fund light rail expansion in your area?
Light Rail probably not coming to Windsor any time soon.
11. Will you respect the outcome of the election?
I will respect the outcome of the local election but I have a hard time with the national election as our Electoral College system has not always represented the popular vote of the people.
12. Favorite TV Show?
Favorite TV show, I do not really watch that much TV, I am usually outdoors enjoying nature with my wife and family.